Are you a company of dancers aged over 50?
Are you looking for performance opportunities and a chance to watch work by similar companies?
We are looking for up to 4 companies to perform on the stage at Pavilion Dance South West, the National Dance Development Organisation for SW England. The works should be no more than 10 minutes in length.
Venue : Pavilion Dance, Westover Road, Bournemouth BH1 2BU.
Date : Sunday 9 October 2016
Time of performance : 5pm
There will be a chance to warm up, rehearse and do technical runs on the day and you may also want to look at the exhibition of photos of mature dancers and watch some short films of Joie de Vivre Short Film Competition winners.
We are delighted that PRIME, the mature dance company of Scotland, will be joining us to perform an exerpt of their most recent work.
How to apply :
Please email the following :
- Expression of Interest – no more than 1 side of A4 stating the title and length of the work, the choreographer, the number and age range of the dancers, a short introduction to the company and a description of the work that will be performed.
- Please send us links to online videos of the work in progress and a maximum of 1 previously performed or filmed work. These can be on YouTube, Vimeo or similar platforms.
- Confirmation that the members of the company are all available on 9 October.
The successful companies will be given a contribution to costs of £200. All other costs must be met by the companies.
What we’re looking for :
- In 2016 this open call is only for companies based in the Arts Council’s defined SW area which includes Southampton, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight, Hampshire as well as the traditional SW region.
- Companies that focus on performance work with people aged 50 and over.
- Confident performers who own the work
- Choreography that suits the performers
- Clear intention of movement
- Ambition to perform at a high standard
The judges’ decision will be final and we won’t enter into correspondence with applicants.
Deadline for applications : 12noon 12 July 2016
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile : 07743 583046
PDSW’s Short Dance Film competition is open for films up to 5 minutes in length featuring older dancers. Deadline for submissions : 21 June. Please email Zannah Doan if you’d like to know more or check out our website. E: email@example.com www.pdsw.org.uk